Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Love Beer?

Well, I do. During my time in Italy this summer I had a free weekend from class, so a few of us headed up to Brussels, Belgium. It was my first time in Belgium, and I am so glad I went. I would have to say it is now one of my top ten favorite cities in the world. Well if you make it over to Belgium, there is one bar that you must visit. It's call Delirium, and its symbol is a pink elephant.

The bar is not too far from the Grand Place, which is the center of the city, I would say a 3 to 5 minute walk. Its in what seems a bit like an alleyway, so be careful not to miss it when you pass by, because we almost did!

This bar has the largest collection of beer in the world, with a menu compiling over 2000 different kinds. I would have to say my favorite beer I tried was a cherry beer called Kriek. It isn't too sweet like many fruit beers are, but you can definitely taste the cherry.

4 comments:

  1. I have never been there but the beer with fruits looks like a brilliant idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never been in brussel, but would love to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love beer and I would like to drink it in Brussel... when it will be possible for me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drank so much beer when I went to Europe, although nothing as exotic sounding as that cherry beer, it looks and sounds good! x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete