Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Maui Wowie

I love Oahu, and it is my favorite island, hands down. But I have to admit that Maui is pretty great, and my just be the runner up. Maui is the third most populous of the Hawaiian Islands, and is frequented by over two million tourists each year, mostly from the United States and Canada. The beaches on Maui are gorgeous, and you have your pick between white or black sand.
My favorite hotel on the island is the Grande Wailea, part of the Hilton chain. It is definitely on the expensive side, but for good reason. It is a luxury hotel, with gorgeous views, and a water park attached!
The Grande Wailea is a great family hotel, with something for everyone. Dad can hang out in the shade by the Hibiscus Pool(where kids aren't allowed), Mom can have a spa day, and the kids will be entertained for hours in the activity pool, complete with water slides, hot tubs, and even a water elevator!
Even though the Grande Wailea has everything you could need, for about a week, from shopping to restaurants to day-filling activites, don't take for granted the island of Maui. The half dozen, or so, concierges will be happy to help you enrich your stay on Maui with adventures unique to Maui and Hawaii. A few I might recomend are surfing lessons, zip lining, a visit to Haleakala, and a drive down the scenic Hana highway.
And if you're a Hawaii resident, don't forget to ask for the kama'aina rate, it really makes a difference.

4 comments:

  1. i wanna go to Hawaii!
    i know in time i will :D

    thyaudaciousness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply stunning photos! makes me want to go back! My hubby and i went to kaui and maui for our honeymoon and we both loved kaui! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh I want to be there right now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES I love the grand wailea!

    ReplyDelete