Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WiFi now Airborne

I recently flew on an American Airlines flight from Chicago to Laguardia, where I was surprised to see there was wifi on the flight. As I boarded, dreary from travel, I spotted a little sticker on the side of the plane that said wi-fi onboard. I had heard about this new addition to flights across the U.S., but this was my first opportunity to try it for myself. As soon as we reached cruising altitude, I opened my laptop and after charging $10 to my credit card, I was browsing the internet, with absolutely no delay. It really made the flight time feel like nothing.

Airlines that currently offer wifi (on some of their planes):
Alaskan Airlines
American Airlines
Delta Airlines
JetBlue
Northwest
Southwest
United Airlines
Virgin Airlines (they have wireless on all of their planes)

Here's hoping all airlines and airplanes are soon equipped with wireless internet soon!

1 comment:

  1. seriously! Hawaiian needs to get on the wifi train pronto!

    ReplyDelete