Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Great Ocean Road

If you're looking for a great day trip from Melbourne, then the Great Ocean Road would be a great adventure. It's a beautiful drive 151 miles down the Australian coast. It will take you about 4 hours, because the roads are so windy. There are also some quaint towns along the way that are worth a stop. The big destination at the end of the Great Ocean Road, is the Twelve Apostles. While I was down there I didn't make it all the way to the Apostles, which are some huge rocks out in the ocean, but I don't think I missed out on too much. This is definitely one of those situations where the journey is just as good as the destination, if not better.
The views from the Great Ocean Road are spectacular. It's similar to other coastal drives, but I can never get enough of the beach, even if it's just looking at it.

2 comments: